Monday, June 20, 2011

Ivy

Oh, how I love my Ivy. She is such a wonderful baby. Tantrums and all. And boy does she have a lot of them haha. So many times people would say they were glad they didn't have a girl because they were so dramatic. Well, Claire was never like that so I never understood what they were talking about. What was the big deal? And then I got Ivy. She'll be the happiest, best, funniest baby in the whole world and then BAM, if one tiny thing goes wrong she's banging her head on the wall, throwing herself on the floor, pinching me, or the person who's closest to her, and SCREAAAAMING her head off. And some weeks she's spending more time throwing more tantrums than she is being happy. That's usually when she's teething. However, I cannot get over how funny, sweet, smart, and happy she is when she's NOT throwing her tantrums haha. She really is the greatest baby ever. 
She's HILARIOUS. She can get anyone to smile. She lifts her eyebrows, pulls faces, flirts, and smiles. And man oh man, when she smiles, she SMILES. Her whole face smiles. She can brighten up a room with one of her smiles. I get giddy just talking about it. She loves Claire so much and she gets so excited when she wakes up. She runs to her and gives her a big hug and kiss and says "Ca" for Claire. She does the same thing when Levi comes home. She hears the garage, runs to the door and says, "Dadadadada!!!" and she'll squeal with delight. She gives the most hugs of any baby I've ever known. She's so cuddly and affectionate. She tries to be just like Claire, doing everything she does and I love watching every minute of that. Her favorite thing to do is play Ring Around the Rosy. Oh man, that is the cutest thing to watch. When it's almost time to fall down she squeals, laughs and then she finally falls down and claps for joy. 
She doesn't say very many words but I know one of these days it'll just explode. It's actually very hard for me to get used to because Claire was saying a TON of words by now. I keep trying to tell myself that kids are just different, because they are, but it doesn't help me much haha. I can't help worrying about it, bla bla bla. But she understands everything I'm saying and she finds her own way to communicate things with me. That's why I feel like one of these days she'll just all of a sudden start talking. She only says "Ca" for Claire, "Dad", "Mom" (over and over and over again), "Dog", "Hot", "Bye bye", "HI" (which is the cutest thing in the world, she says it to everyone she sees), and I think that might be it. I can't think of anything else. So, yeah, she doesn't say much haha. But I know she's still sooo smart just by how much she understands. She loves reading books and her favorite one is The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear (that's one book with an enormously long title. That was, and still is, my very favorite children's book so I'm so happy it's her favorite as well. I love reading it to her. As you can tell I adore my girls, just like every other parent out there (except for the awful ones who do awful things to their children who I want to strangle and send right to Hell myself). I think they're wonderful and I'm soooo glad they were sent to me. I just can't believe that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to take care of these two AMAZING little girls. I'm extremely grateful for this opportunity. 

2 comments:

kaysi van dyke fox said...

omg, i found your blog!!!! hahaha! yayy, were officially blogging friends!

Talitha and fam said...

Ha! loved the little afterthought about sending abusers to hell right in the middle of your doting about Ivy! So refreshing. Love you Steph!