Monday, December 6, 2010

Do the Claire Bear

Some funny things Claire has said recently....

"Mama! You forgot to ask me if I had any dreams!"

"Oh yeah! Sorry, did you have any dreams last night?"

"Nope."

************************************************
::Poured water on Ivy's face in the bath, made Ivy cry::

Levi: "Don't pour water on her face, she doesn't like it."

Claire: "Yes, she told me she wanted me to pour water on her face, she said, 'Claire, pour water on my face!' that's what she said." 

************************************************
::Got out of the tub and put her bathrobe on and was about to come downstairs::

"Wait, daddy, I have to see if I look cute." ::Looks in the mirror:: "Yup, I look cute. Let's go!"

************************************************
She named her football Enzo. I was wondering where she got that name from, thinking she must have made it up, turns out she named it after the new boy in her nursery class. 

************************************************
Me: "Claire, you need to be nice to Blake (her cousin)."

Claire: "Don't yell at me!"

Me: "I'm not yelling at you, I'm just telling you to be nice to Blake."

Claire: "Well, don't tell me like that. YOU be nice!"

************************************************
::We hardly ever have ice cream in our house. Mainly because I'd eat it all. But one day I bought some just for fun::

Me: "Claire, would you like some ice cream!?" 

Claire: "No."

Me: (disappointed) "Oh, why not?"

Claire: "Um, I just don't have an owey (sp?) or anything."

Apparently I only ask her if she wants ice cream after she gets really hurt. 

************************************************
::We were visiting my Grandparents this past summer and she was playing with two girl dollies::

My Mom: "Claire, where's the boy dolly? You just have two girl dollies, they can't get married."

Claire: "Um, no, it's okay, they can just be gay."

************************************************

Claire: "Mom, can I go over to Jonas' house?"

Me: "No, not today."

Claire: "But moooom, I just wanted to go over to his house and marry him!"

************************************************
"Mom, don't be such a homeshit!" (she totally made that word up, obviously. She wasn't aware there was an actual swear word in there.)

************************************************

5 comments:

cmshort said...

I wonder if it will be as cute and funny when she says those sort of things at 16?

Jill Ison said...

I love her little funnies. What a cutie. going to check out the new site :)

Michael said...

Stephanie - Would it be OK if I used the picture of Claire in the grass on my blog? The URL is http://lifetoheryears.tumblr.com

-Michael

Stephanie said...

Michael, yes you can. As long as you refer to my photo website which is myblackbirdphotography.com

kaysi van dyke fox said...

OMG!!!! hahahahaha